The Digital Museum of the Grand Theatre in Łódź is a web portal realised as part of the project entitled: “Digitalisation and Promotion of Artistic Resources of the Grand Theatre in Łódź”, co-financed by the European Union from the European Regional Development Fund as part of the Regional Operational Program for Łódź Province 2014-2020 – Priority Axis VII Infrastructure for Social Services, Measure VII.1 Information and Communication Technologies, Submeasure VII.1.2 Information and Communication Technologies.
The purpose of the project is to increase the standards and improve the quality of cultural services rendered in the Łódź Province through the development of information and communication techniques and digitalization of cultural (artistic) resources in the digital museum of the Grand Theatre in Łódź (DMGTL).
Total project value: PLN 914,713.23
Value of aid from the European Regional Development Fund: PLN 296,702.70
Implementation period: 2016-2019
As part of the project: 796 costumes, 268 programmes, 100 posters and 5561 photos were digitalised.
Initiator and coordinator of the project: Iwona Marchewka
Preparation of materials for digitalisation: Tomasz Graczyk, Katarzyna Jasińska, Emilia Stopa, Iwona Marchewka
Administrator and editor of the digital museum: Magdalena Jóźwiak (Emilia Stopa III 2017 – VI 2018)
EU fund specialists: Małgorzata Kazimierska, Radosław Miłkowski
Tenders: Ewa Danielak, Agnieszka Iwanowska, Iwona Marchewka
Digitalisation of costumes: TOP COOP Konrad Maj, Wrocław
Digitalisation of photos, posters, programmes: Skanery Niewiarygodne, Warszawa
Delivery of infrastructure for mass storage and transfer of data and computer hardware: HPCC HERKULES PC Components, Łódź
Delivery of the device for costume digitalisation: TOP COOP Konrad Maj, Wrocław
Delivery of multimedia stands: Infomiasto.com, Racibórz
Preparation of the web portal of the Digital Museum: nFinity.pl, Wrocław
Delivery of dLibra software: Instytut Chemii Bioorganicznej PAN – Poznańskie Centrum Superkomputerowo-Sieciowe, Poznań
The scope of the project includes digitalisation of artistic resources of the Grand Theatre in Łódź and promotion of the digitalised contents in the Digital Museum of the Grand Theatre in Łódź (DMGTL). The project encompasses also the purchase of hardware with necessary software. The creation of DMGTL is intended to protect archival materials on a long-term basis using digital techniques. Through the digitalisation precious artistic resources will have their electronic copies which will play archival roles, and will also fulfil information and communication tasks due to the fact that they will reach a wide circle of recipients in Poland and abroad.
Direct purpose of the project:
Standards upgrade and improvement of quality of the cultural services rendered in Łódź Province through the development of information and communication techniques and digitalization of cultural (artistic) resources in the Digital Museum of the Grand Theatre in Łódź.
Detailed purposes of the project:
- development of ICT infrastructure of a cultural institution in Łódź in order to share information, scientific and cultural resources and regional heritage on-line with the residents of Łódź Province;
- construction of an ICT systems for the purposes of digitalisation of the theatre’s resources, including cultural and scientific resources, being in the possession of DMGTL;
- ensuring public and open access, through electronic means, to the theatre’s resources, including cultural or scientific resources, being in the possession of DMGTL in a digital form;
- promotion and implementation of the newest information and communication techniques to be used to present and reproduce archival (artistic) resources of the theatre archives in the region;
- ensuring equal access to public information to people with disabilities through the use of ICT systems and information and communication techniques, in particular on-line;
- creation of conditions for free and unrestricted access to cultural objects and regional heritage of Łódź Province through the use of information and communication techniques used to develop digital infrastructure of DMGTL.
Planned effects of the project:
- Number of launched ICT systems in entities performing public tasks: 1
- Number of digitalized documents containing public sector: 6,725
- Number of public services made available on-line with a maturity level 3 –bilateral interaction: 1
- Number of people using the services on-line: 18,000 persons/year
- Number of downloads/displays of documents containing public sector information: 18,000